Writing Assignment

Photography is important because it helps people to view the world from different points of view. You will enjoy the most beautiful scenes caught in a timeless moment thanks to photography. Since photography is so strong, it makes it easy to share interesting experiences with someone through moving pictures. It helps the flow of knowledge about things in their current state. Our minds are incapable of remembering the last bit of anything significant that happens in our lives. If you’re celebrating a graduation, the birth of your first baby, or gaining your second degree, there will be a time in your life when something bigger, good or bad, will try to replace the memories you already have in your mind. It only takes a single look at your old photos to remember all that happened on the day you took the photo.

Photographs serve as a reminder of our pasts. I look at our family’s photo album and laugh and joke about my younger self. I can see how far I’ve come through the years and how I’ve advanced to different levels of confidence. I was able to have  photographs that took me back to my childhood thanks to my parents recognizing the importance of photography. Photography is an art form. People are basically creative beings. We can effectively express our creativity while also earning a living through art. Photography as a form of art has a large following in society today. After a photo is taken the photographer has a a lot  of editing options at his or her disposal to improve the picture and spice it up to make it unique.

Sandy Skoglund 

My first thought is hard to define since this photograph caused several thoughts in my mind, the first of which was why ? Whatever the explanation for this image or the message it conveys, one thing is certain Skoglund is full of imagination, which is obvious in her composition. This picture is really interesting because of the contrast between the green and the grey. Though there aren’t many highlights, they aren’t necessary given the contrast between the green and grey. Overall I just think this photo is really unique and interesting from other images I’ve seen.

Cannons Lens Experience

Randy Kerr’s article “Travel Photography” inspired me. Travel photography is something I enjoy. It gives others who have never traveled or may want to travel an insight into a new place/environment. It combines a variety of elements such as landscape, portrait, and still life into one picture. It motivated me to take better pictures of the places I visit. It will encourage others to gain an understanding of a foreign location. It has also pushed me to step outside of my normal routine. I’m going to areas I wouldn’t usually visit. It’s certainly a challenge, but you’ll end up with some fantastic photos. Randy Kerr’s story will serve as inspiration for me. If I continue to pursue photography as a career, I want my work to be so outstanding that I am recognized for it. Reading about his travels to more than 30 countries is motivating because photography has allowed him to see the world. It has always been a dream of mine to travel around the world, and if photography helps me to do so, I would be overjoyed. His story has improved my perspective on photography to a more positive one. I still love photography, but being able to learn about all of the opportunities he has had is incredible.

John Kuczala’s article “Product Photography” also inspired me. Throughout the two years of photography class I’ve had, I’ve discovered that I excel at capturing cool moments and doing things that are always a bit more strange I always try to do things that are dark and scary to be more unique. It has also piqued my interest because it encourages you to express yourself creatively. Product photography can go in a direction you didn’t want to go in and still look fantastic. Kuczala has a wide collection of works. There is a lot of motivational work here, as well as commercials that are professional and well edited. He discusses how news organizations would not accept something photo-shopped because they are trusted to say the truth, but news organizations lie most of the time. Since John is a model maker, inventor, stylist, artist, and many other things in one, he inspired me to take more product pictures. I’m sure he mastered those skills through photography, which makes me want to learn more about product photography. I’ll use his story to improve my photography. His story has changed my perspective on product photography because it has taught me to think about how there is more to an image than meets the eye.

100 Most Influential 

This photograph was taken during the Vietnam War in 1972. The drop of napalm by the Americans resulted in this picture. During the war, an American tactic was to drop loads on woods or places where they suspected enemies might be. Napalm is an extremely flammable agent that can cause third-degree burns on human skin in a matter of seconds. Nick Ut was the photographer who captured this powerful image. After the bombing, he wondered why the young girl was running down the street naked. He quickly noticed the girl was covered in Napalm. He attempted to assist her by dumping water on her, but this only seemed to make matters worse. They attempted to take her to the hospital but realized that she would not bear the pain. The young girl was then moved to an American facility, where her life was saved.

I believe this haunting photograph is so powerful because it accurately portrays the horrors of the Vietnam War. You can truly pick out all of the things that look so terrible in this picture just by taking a good look at it. The sky is filled with dark black clouds from the Napalm in the distance. All in the picture seems to be under a lot of pressure. I believe there is a lot more to the story. I’m not sure why America thinks it’s necessary to use a highly flammable gas as a deterrent. It is sickening not only to the people but also to the community. I can’t imagine the agony this young girl must have felt when taking this picture. It’s a miracle that the little girl in this picture survived. I recognize that several troubling incidents occurred during the wars that were likely not recorded. I also thought it was demeaning of Nixon to say the photo was a fake when he knew exactly what US tactics were being used and the results that would follow.

Indeed Job

PT Faculty Pool- Commercial Photography 

In this job I would need one of this in order to qualify a Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in the discipline or, an Associate degree and six years of experience in the discipline or, hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline or, meet equivalent qualifications established by the district , and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds. It’s a part-time job and the salary is between $56-$82. at this job i will be teaching assignments that may take place on the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus, or another college campus. The assignment could take place during the day, evening, weekend, online, or off campus, and it could be changed at any time. Part-time faculty vacancies are filled on an as-needed basis and do not carry tenure. Part-time faculty positions have flexible hours and the ability to work with a diverse community of adult students to help them achieve their educational objectives. We deliver a diverse selection of transfer, general education, technical, and occupational programs as one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California.